Medical Marijuana Lawyers are Available to Help Patients Obtain Massachusetts Medical Marijuana Cards
Massachusetts medical marijuana patients: as you probably know, possession of under an ounce of marijuana in Massachusetts is decriminalized so that it is currently a civil infraction. Nonetheless, no matter how minor, drug related charges can have long-lasting effects on one’s ability to obtain employment and pass background checks. As a law-abiding medical marijuana patient you will no longer have those concerns.
You do not need a lawyer to get your medical marijuana card. Read the final regulations on the medical use of marijuana. Read the medical marijuana statute. Read the medical marijuana FAQ. Call the DPH Hotline at (617) 624-5062.
Still confused or want help? Contact a Massachusetts medical marijuana compliance attorney for your appointment as soon as possible to avoid unwanted drug conviction effects on your record. We respond better to emails than phone calls, so please email us first.
A consultation with a Massachusetts medical marijuana compliance attorney will accomplish the following:
1. Discuss any aspects of the law that are unclear to you, so that you understand both state and federal marijuana law;
2. Discuss and determine your needs as far as amounts and methods of consuming the medical marijuana. For example, if you prefer to eat your medical cannabis in baked goods, or consume it in some way other than smoking it, the amounts you may be entitled to possess could be higher than if you are solely smoking it;
3. Discuss your “debilitating medical condition” as required under the law, so that you will be able to explain your ailment to your physician in such a way that your physician is more likely to certify your use of medical marijuana;
4. In the event that you do not have a physician, Mass medical marijuana compliance attorneys may be able to recommend one to you;
5. Determine if you would like to grow your own cannabis, and decide whether you are likely to meet the requisite “hardship” to successfully obtain a “Hardship Cultivation Registration” with the Department of Health;
6. After consultation with your Mass medical marijuana compliance attorney, you will be provided with a “written certification” that you can take to your Massachusetts physician for his or her signature, to certify that you can now legally possess, transport, consume and in some cases cultivate your own marijuana. Mass medical marijuana compliance attorneys’ expertise gained in drafting these certifications in California will allow your legal counsel to draft one that is more likely to be accepted by your physician in Mass, and may allow you to possess greater quantities of cannabis than a first reading of the recently enacted law may seem to allow;
7. Your legal counsel will prepare your application to obtain a Massachusetts medical marijuana card when they become available, so that you will be able to consume your medical cannabis without fear of being hassled by law enforcement. Until you receive that card, your physician’s certification suffices to keep you legal;
8. Your paperwork and files will be securely and confidentially maintained so that if you are arrested without them, or lose them, Mass medical marijuana compliance attorneys will be able to provide you and the court with proof of compliance to show that you are abiding by Massachusetts marijuana law;
9. Finally, you will leave Massachusetts Medical Marijuana Compliance offices feeling confident that no matter what happens you now have a relationship with an experienced medical marijuana expert attorney who is there for you under any circumstances.
Check our forms page for a Physician Certification form and an application to the Department of Public Health to obtain your Massachusetts medical marijuana card.